Information We Collect:
TruEnergy collects information when you register with TruEnergy, when you use TruEnergy Website or Software, and when you visit TruEnergy pages or pages of TruEnergy partners.
- Automatically Collected Information: When you access TruEnergy Website or mobile application, our servers automatically record information from your browser. This automatically recorded information includes information associated with your computer and browser, web requests, Internet Protocol address, cookies, browser type, browser language, and software and hardware attributes.
- Electronic Devices Information: TruEnergy collects certain information regarding the energy usage and electronic devices that you interface with our platform as well as information about the model, type, and make of those electronic devices and appliances.
- Energy Usage/Smart Meter Information: When you register with TruEnergy, we collect the information you enter at the time of registry as well as any information you may give us permission to request from your current utility. This information only includes usage history for your account–information specifically pertaining to the amount of energy you consume on a monthly/annual basis–not any personal information of account holders, payment information, etc.
How We Use Information
- TruEnergy uses all of the information that it collects from visitors to our website to understand and analyze the energy usage trends and preferences of visitors.
- When you register on TruEnergy’s website, TruEnergy uses the information it collects to contact you and inquire about the services we can offer you.
- In the event that you give permission for TruEnergy to request usage history from your utility, we may share this energy usage data with a variety of our provider partners from whom we will be negotiating rates on your behalf.
Personal information is stored in a combination of paper and electronic files. It is protected by security measures appropriate to the nature of the information.
Individuals or users may review their personal information contained in TruEnergy files by contacting their TruEnergy account manager. If an individual believes that any of their personal information is inaccurate, we will make appropriate corrections.
TruEnergy may amend this policy from time to time. If such amendments affect how TruEnergy uses or discloses personal information already held by TruEnergy in a material way, TruEnergy will notify you about material changes.
Notwithstanding the general terms of this policy, the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be made outside of the express terms herein to the extent provided for in any applicable privacy or other legislation in effect from time to time.